Ginger Alliance Group
(/._.)/ ˙uı ƃoן puɐ ʇɥƃıɹdn ʞɔɐq ʇxǝʇ sıɥʇ dıןɟ oƃ ʍou ¿dıןɟ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ginger Alliance Group
(/._.)/ ˙uı ƃoן puɐ ʇɥƃıɹdn ʞɔɐq ʇxǝʇ sıɥʇ dıןɟ oƃ ʍou ¿dıןɟ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ
Ginger Alliance Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valkyria Chronicles

3 posters

Go down

Valkyria Chronicles Empty Valkyria Chronicles

Post  PaulBergdahl1 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 am

Does anyone have Valkyria Chronicles?

PaulBergdahl1

Back to top Go down

Valkyria Chronicles Empty Re: Valkyria Chronicles

Post  Souldoubt Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:42 am

HOLY MOTHER!! I don't have this. Heard of it, had to wikki it. Now I must get this!!!!!

Souldoubt
GAG Leader
GAG Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulBergdahl1 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:05 pm

You definitely should take a look! Valkyria Chronicles is one of those great games that gets overlooked. Personally, I feel Sega is to blame for the lack of advertisement. Valkyria Chronicles takes place during a fictional version of WWII. Gameplay mainly comprises of missions, which are usually. capture the enemy's base camp. Most of the time, you have twenty turns to complete your mission. On each turn, you can move a set number of units. When you select a unit, you must maneuver them around the battlefield, and during this time, enemy scouts, shocktroopers, tanks, and gatlings can fire at you, and you can perform an action once per unit movement. It can be attacking an enemy unit with your weapon or a grenade, healing yourself or an ally, repairing the tank or another object, or disarming mines. When you are in attack mode or as I like to call it aim mode, the game freezes the action, so you can aim. After completing your turn, the enemy units will get their turn, and they follow the same procedure as you. Also, based on class, a unit is limited by how far they can go. This is called AP, and snipers have the lowest AP, meaning they can't go far, and scouts have the highest AP, meaning they can go quite far. AP goes down with use in one turn. Say you select a scout, the first time, the scout can go quite far, but if you select the scout a second time, the AP will be 2/3 the full AP, and the third time, the AP will be 1/3 full. If you select the scout again four times and onwards in one turn, the scout will only be able to move forward a couple of steps. However, on the next turn, the AP will be fully replenished. That's the short and quick explanation. Also, there are quite a lot of cutscenes. If I had to point out anything that might be a deal breaker, it would be that the game does not have trophy support. Personally, I don't care, since the game is so amazing!

PaulBergdahl1

Back to top Go down

Post  pBaNdJ16 Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:09 pm

It looks so much fun! Now I gotta gather up some PSN money, but yea the idea is brilliant!
pBaNdJ16
pBaNdJ16
Admin
Admin

https://gingeralliancegroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulBergdahl1 Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 pm

PSN money? Valkyria Chronicles is only available on blu-ray disc. My suggestion if you want Valkyria Chronicles, order it from an online store like amazon.com. Last time I checked, it was about $18. At that price, it's a steal! You can however purchase DLC for the game, and there is a PSP sequel, Valkyria Chronicles 2 with its own DLC all available on the PlayStation Store. I suggest completing the game before purchasing any DLC.

PaulBergdahl1

Back to top Go down

Post  Souldoubt Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:04 am

I found it on Amazon for as little as $14. I will be getting it, but just got Gotham City Imposters, so may have to wait a week or two.

Souldoubt
GAG Leader
GAG Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulBergdahl1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:23 am

OK, let me know as soon as you get it! If you need any help during the course of gameplay, I'll be glad to give some advice, but I'll try to do it without giving away the whole thing.

PaulBergdahl1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum